Have you ever wondered what kinds of research questions you can ask the Social Law Library Reference Attorneys? You can ask them anything! Our Reference Attorneys receive hundreds of complex questions each week from the largest, most sophisticated law firms in the region. They are the go-to reference source for the courts and government officials. Our legal research experts are a great place to start when you begin to search for electronic information, books, and documents.
We encourage you to phone, email or drop by in person for confidential, free research assistance help Monday – Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. Call (617) 226-1520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. I am dealing with a new legal issue. Can you recommend a good treatise or practice guide to get me up-to-speed?
2. Where can I find a form or a sample contract, pleading, motion?
3. I have a citation to a case, but I can’t find it anywhere. Do you know what it is and where I can find a copy of it?
4. I am trying to see what the intent was behind a piece of legislation. Can you show me how to research legislative history?
5. Can the Reference Attorneys track a bill through the Massachusetts legislative process and notify me whenever there is activity?
Your Social Law Library Membership gives you access to the secret weapon of the Massachusetts legal community – The Social Law Reference Attorneys!
Not yet a Social Law member? Click here to join, or contact our Membership Office:
Telephone: (617) 226-1530